We hope you all had a fantastic summer! It will be great to see so many familiar faces again, but we want extend a warm welcome to the new students joining the Broadlands family!
Watch this space for information on the new school year!
In the meantime ....
SAC Nominations: Interested in being a part of your child's education and life at Broadlands? Consider joining the parent/guardian council. Nominations forms can be downloaded here, filled out at the school office or email us your interest. All parents are invited to consider one of the following available roles:
The chair/co-chairs of the SAC is/are elected by the Council members and must be a parent or parents who are not employed by the school board. The chair/co-chairs is/are voting members who, in addition to performing the same duties as other Council members, might:
* Act as the representative of the SAC within and outside of the Broadlands school community.
* Manage and chair SAC meetings – develop agenda, influence attendance, chair meeting discussions.
* Liaise with the Principal and speak on behalf of the SAC.
* Ensure that minutes of SAC meetings are recorded and maintained.
* Participate as ex-officio members of all committees established by the SAC.
* Verify, prepare and complete bank deposits.
* Verify, prepare and issue payments by cheques.
* Prepare and present budget as voted on by SAC.
* Keep transaction records and provide regular updates to SAC.
* Prepare written annual report of SAC financial activities and budgeting goals provided to TDSB and Principal.
* Keep 7 years of financial records at school available for review (current year info provided during meeting updates).
* Attend and contribute regularly at all SAC meetings
* Keep minutes of meetings
Throughout the year, we plan fun and exciting events and fundraising activities, such as:
* Welcome Back Fall Event
* Spirit wear sales
* Pizza Lunches / Pita Lunches
* Scholastic orders
* Community Engagement Events
* Kiss & Ride WinterFest
* Spring Fair